Common Ground: A Yoga and Meditation Retreat
Integrating teachings of tantric yoga and Tibetan Buddhism into every day living through the cultivation of compassion.
I am delighted to announce a very special retreat 23-30 April 2016 in Costa Rica. Together with Lama Phurbu Tashi Rinpoche of the Gampopa Center in Annapolis, Maryland I will be leading a retreat at Blue Osa, a remote eco-resort on the Osa Peninsula of Costa Rica, one of the most beautiful and restorative locations on Earth.
Blue Osa is a small, off-the-grid eco-resort providing farm-to-table food, integration with the local community, and a 50-meter walk to the beach (any less would disturb sea turtle nesting and hatching!), and we have the whole place for our retreat.
This eight day, seven night retreat features teachings from both the Kagyu school of Tibetan Buddhism and tantric yogic philosophy on how to embody compassion for ourselves and other in our daily lives. Included in the retreat are:
- Two yoga classes each day taught by ISHTA teacher Sheila Miller, a balanced and invigorating morning practice and a slow-flow evening practice with yoga nidra
- Daily dharma talks by Lama Phurbu Tashi Rinpoche of the Gampopa Center in Annapolis, Maryland
- Daily meditation practice with Lama Phurbu Tashi Rinpoche
- All lodging
- Four fresh, farm-to-table meals a day, largely from Blue Osa’s Organic Garden
- The 13% Costa Rican lodging tax
- The option to add a wide variety of eco-tours: including assisting the monitoring of sea turtle nesting and hatchling release, tree climbing, mangrove kayaking, rainforest tours and many more